The experience of breastfeeding is special for many reasons, including bonding with your baby, perfect nutrition only you can provide, cost savings, and health benefits for both mother and baby.
East Suburban Pediatrics is committed to making sure you and your baby have the best breastfeeding experience possible. Whether you are a first-time mom or a new mom again, we recognize breastfeeding is a learned skill. It requires patience and practice. For some women, the learning stages can be frustrating and uncomfortable. The good news is that it can get easier and support for breastfeeding mothers is available in person by our board certified Lactation Consultant.
Our Breastfeeding Services
In office consultation with our board certified Lactation Consultant. We will provide you with support and guidance to help overcome issues such as latching or positioning difficulty, engorgement and low milk supply.
- Secure online messaging through our Patient Portal as well as telephone consultation to answer any questions you may have about breastfeeding.
- Education on the benefits of breastfeeding and support to reach your personal breastfeeding goals.
- Resources and recommendations on products to use at home (such as pumps, nipple shields, and supplemental feeders, if needed).
What to Expect at Your Lactation Appointment
Consultations usually last about an hour. You will work with Beth Gettemy, an experienced Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC.)
- Please bring your baby to the appointment hungry and ready to nurse.
- Bring a feeding pillow, such as a Boppy, if you have one. You can also bring your pump if you would like instruction and help with pumping.
- We will observe your baby nursing while providing support and direction of how to overcome any potential issues.
- With your breastfeeding goals in mind, we will help you create a feeding plan and arrange follow-up to ensure that you and your baby continue to thrive.
Please contact our office (724-325-2133) to schedule your breastfeeding consultation today.